THE MISSION OF THE CLINICAL PASTORAL EDUCATION (CPE) PROGRAM In keeping with the mission of Christ and of Catholic Health Services, the CPE program provides excellence in professional ministry education, preparing persons of all faiths to provide compassionate and respectful spiritual care to patients, families and staff within the various clinical settings.
The program is committed to the formation of women and men in competency as pastoral caregivers to persons of all faiths, and to those who profess no particular affiliation.
- To serve as advocates for the health needs of the community
- To collaborate with others in fulfilling this mission
In this work we are committed to the values of:
- Compassionate care for all we serve
- Justice for all whom we encounter, including our staff
- Integrity in all our business dealings
- Deep respect for the dignity of each person
- Fidelity to the teachings of the church
- Reverence for the traditions of the women religious that
inspire and nurture our apostolate